Space ship is a vehicle in Osiris: New Dawn.
Background[edit | edit source]
A vertical take-off and landing space ship, capable of blasting across the planet in moments. Unarmed.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
An incredibly graceful and fast vehicle, capable of achieving escape speed and entering orbit around the planet - and then traveling beyond.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Controlling the spaceship[edit | edit source]
- Enter/exit the spaceship: press "F"
- Access the ships inventory: press "G"
- WASD keys + both mouse buttons
- Holding Shift gives a speed boost
- Q and E will allow you to do an aileron roll
- Spacebar allows you to leave and enter a planets atmosphere
The spaceship is controlled with both the mouse buttons and WASD keys on the keyboard (PC). First, you need to take off by pressing the left mouse button and increase thrust, this will engage hover mode. Tapping the buttons helps you understand how it works easier.
On the right of the screen there are two bar-indicators you'll need to pay close attention to when taking off and when you want to land.
The right bar is for horizontal flight-thrust. The left one indicates hovering-thrust. When the hovering-thrust indicator has maxed out, the spaceship will transition to horizontal flight automatically. Make sure the space in front of the ship is clear! You can then fly with WASD and use the right mouse button to decrease thrust. When the horizontal thrust button decreases almost to zero level, hovering thrust will gain automatically. To maneuver in hovering mode requires a delicate balance between both thrust modes and using WASD keys. Again, tapping is the key until you are used to it.
In hovering mode, "w" moves you forward and "s" backwards. In flight mode, "s" lifts the spaceship's nose, while "w" puts it down.
You can also turn on the ships light with L, which will shine directly below the ship in a very wide radius.
If the ship gets damaged, walk underneath the ship on the ground with your weapon, get out your tool and wait a moment. The prompt to repair the ship with F will appear in blue/purple (and alone). (If you walk up to the ship with the tool already equipped, it will only allow you to enter it with F or get into the inventory with G as mentioned above).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Space ship needs a completely flat surface to fully land. If you land on uneven ground, you will not be able to shut down engines completely and to exit the vehicle.
- DON'T BUILD IT RIGHT NOW THERE IS A BUG THAT MAKE IT DISAPEAR FOR NO REASON, unless you want to put to waste so much ressources.