- 1 The Rise of Zer Update
- 1.1 New Planet: Zer
- 1.2 Weapons
- 1.3 Armor
- 1.4 Building
- 1.5 A Few More Goodies (aka: Revamped Items & Improvements)
- 1.6 External links
Released - 20 December 2017
The Rise of Zer Update[edit | edit source]
Deck the halls with molten lava! ‘Tis the season for the Rise of Zer update. Prepare yourself for entirely new environmental challenges and fearsome indigenous creatures. We have included many features, such as an attachment system, and revamped some items, such as the UI. We’ve also performed a few fixes for common issues and removed the abandonment timer. But that’s not all! The following is a comprehensive list of all that this update entails.
Have fun unwrapping all of this and happy holidays, from the Fenix Fire team!
New Planet: Zer[edit | edit source]
- Zer - Existing as the first planet nearest the star Gliese 581, Zer is an incredibly hot and tidally locked planet.
New Resources Exclusive to Zer:[edit | edit source]
New Refined Resources:[edit | edit source]
Five New Creatures Exclusive To Zer:[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
New Gun/Ammo Type:[edit | edit source]
- Cryo Rifle & Cryo Ammo — This new weapon and ammo pack a piercingly cold punch capable of freezing enemies in their place.
New Gun Variants:[edit | edit source]
- With the introduction of Cobalt, it’s now possible to craft cobalt-plated versions of the Pistol, Assault Rifle, Bolt Rifle, and Heavy Assault Rifle. Additionally, these cobalt-plated weapons have 25% more durability than the standard versions.
Armor[edit | edit source]
New Attachment System:[edit | edit source]
In previous builds, attachments were coming soon, and with this update they are in game. Currently there are 10 unique attachments (with three different tiers) that can be equipped to the suit.
Helmet Attachments:[edit | edit source]
- Pump Unit — This pump unit is great for improving oxygen and stamina recharge rate.
- Stim Unit — The stim unit improves oxygen consumption, oxygen recharge rate, stamina usage and stamina recharge rate.
- Light Unit — The light unit improves flashlight battery consumption and flashlight range.
Back Attachments:[edit | edit source]
- Storage Unit — The storage unit increases the bonus slots available, but this comes at a cost as it also increases hover fuel consumption, oxygen consumption and stamina usage.
- Cooling Unit — The cooling unit cools the suit enough to enable one to withstand a higher temperature threshold. The cost however is an increase in stamina consumption.
- Solar Unit — The solar unit improves the recharge rate of the flashlight as well as the oxygen recharge rate, but it also increases the stamina usage.
Feet Attachments:[edit | edit source]
- Booster Unit — The booster unit increases the hover height and improves the hover fuel recharge rate, but it also decreases the hover duration and hover fuel capacity while also increases hover fuel consumption.
- Glide Unit — The glide unit improves hover duration hover fuel consumption, oxygen consumption, and stamina usage, but also reduces the hover height.
- Recover Unit — The recovery unit improves the gravity modification, fall damage received, hover fuel recharge rate, oxygen recharge rate, and stamina recharge rate.
- Fuel Compressor — The fuel compressor improves the hover fuel capacity, hover fuel consumption and hover fuel recharge rate.
Building[edit | edit source]
New Utilities:[edit | edit source]
- Advanced Anti-Personnel Turret — This advanced turret shoots at a slower rate, but does twice the damage of the standard Anti-Personnel Turret.
- Z-Shield — This shield is an improved version of the electro-dome. In fact it is over twice the size and glows red instead of blue.
New Furniture:[edit | edit source]
- Advanced Fabricator — While providing faster crafting than the standard fabricator, this advanced version is necessary to build the cobalt-plated weapons.
- Advanced Chem Station — This is faster at crafting than the standard version.
- Repair Bench — Weapons and tools with durability can be repaired.
A Few More Goodies (aka: Revamped Items & Improvements)[edit | edit source]
Revamped UI Layout:[edit | edit source]
The menu UI has been completely overhauled to present information in a more efficient and consistent way. While players can access the menu by pressing TAB, quick key access has also been implemented to ensure that the desired information can be accessed as quickly as possible. Within the menu, the long-awaited Field Guide is accessible. This field guide provides helpful tips and pertinent information to surviving in Osiris: New Dawn.
Revamped Camera Collision Detection:[edit | edit source]
When in third person and moving the camera, rather than clipping through an object, the camera will detect the object and snap to first person.
Removed the Abandonment System:[edit | edit source]
There is no longer an abandonment timer on the structures and utilities built.
Miscellaneous Improvements & Additions:[edit | edit source]
- Improved reloading animation for the pistol.
- Improved Crab Monster Attack Patterns:
- Crab Monster now will charge and bite, jump and spit.
- It’s now possible to build while in a vehicle.
- It’s now possible to access menus while in a vehicle (though it still is not possible to leave the game while in a vehicle).
- Upon defeat, creatures can now drop attachments as well.
Fixes & Issues YULE Want To Know About[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where player inventory would sometimes disappear when traveling to a new planet, hives or mines.
- Fixed an issue where the Hovercraft would hover over an invisible trigger at the refueling station.
- The Electro-dome, and now Z-Shield, block meteors.
- Location is now saved when exiting a vehicle for the first time after travelling to a new planet/map. This creates a default respawn point in case the player dies before crafting a bet, hut, etc.
- Fixed an issue where some items would disappear from all crafting tables when autocrafting.
- KNOWN ISSUE: When on Zer the Sols currently don’t advance. This is due to it being a tidally locked planet. We are currently looking for ways to implement a fix, that doesn’t lead to day/night cycle malfunctioning on other *planets.
- KNOWN ISSUE: In the main menu when selecting an avatar, that character’s attachments will not visually show up.