Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips to get you going quickly in Osiris: New Dawn!
Game Tips[edit | edit source]
These are pulled from the loading screens when entering the game universe. If you see any new ones added as the game progresses, feel free to add them here!
Controls[edit | edit source]
- Shift left click to transfer inventory instantly
- Shift right click to drop inventory
- Press autorun key to toggle continuous running
- While spacewalking hold right mouse button to orient towards facing direction
- Zoom map with right mouse button with locator equipped
- Hold jump to hover
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Throw alien meat to distract creatures
- Use your flashlight at night or during storms
- Wipe your lens durring storms
- Always keep your oxygen above 0% to allow automatic oxygen replenishing and to avoid suffocation
- Oxygen does not replenish while spacewalking
- Flanking bot will mount entered vehicle
- Spacewalk by reducing ship velocity under 1km per hour
- Equip map to read nature data including mineral nodes, trees, and plants
- When in a vehicle go into third person this helps to get more vision
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Unequip weapon to run faster
- When mining hold down fire key for continuous chisel swinging (Not working more 17.06.2018)
- Hold down fire key for pistol autofire
- Clip reload drops remaining rounds
Player Tips[edit | edit source]
These are tips that have proved useful to players during their session in the game. Add any that you think could help others!
- It's a good idea to build your first base near a sap tree (it's a prime source of thirst quencher for most of the game) and geysers of Hydrogen (needed for plastics) and Nitrogen (needed for hydrazine - fuel for transport). Example of a good base spot -3 Lat, -20 Long. Rubber can be mined from rubber tree at -17.8 Lat, 9.1 Long.